Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Years

Hey guys,

Well as we said goodbye to 2008 I stood (Danced) on my front porch with my guitar, singing this song I wrote.

G
we're stayin' up all night
D C
so far we're doin' alright

G D C

G
January 1st is almost here
D C
but while I wait im gonna wish you
(stop playing guitar)
A happy new year

G
Well 2008 was good to me
D C
I'm not the same person I used to be

G
2008 taught me some things
D C
Like how to stand out here and pluck on these guitar strings

and I sang that over and over again until my hands went numb ,and it hurt too bad to play anymore, It was freezing cold out there but it was worth it I felt like I put a smile on every persons face who was driving by.

I came back inside and then we counted down to the new year. then I took my electric guitar and blared it when the clock struck twelve.

I am looking forward to 2009 and cant wait to see what is going to happen, we have a new president coming that we will stand behind and pray for, as his job is very, very Important.

I hope to use my musical abilities and my physical (skateboarding) abilities to inspire people to wonder and question things that they never thought about before.

my ultimate goal this year is to find the key that unlocks the door to my creativity , I used to be able to come up with good song right off the top of my head but I'm now trying to take it to the next level,I want to inspire people not just entertain them. I want people to see things a little differently , as I do, when you look at the sky dont take it for granted but realize that He has blessed us with another day to gaze upon it, realize that the air you breath is such a blessing,realize that being able to question things is a true gift from the creator.

And with that I wish everybody A Happy New year

p.s I also wish to teach a little friend of mine Ukelele.

( This was really written at like 12:30 on Jan 1st but for some reason blogger just doesent want to believe that)

3 comments:

Swawa said...

Did you actually sing that/make that up?

a skateboarder who plays guitar. said...

Yeah, it was really fun ... why didnt you come out again? oh thats right, I swear Howie she said it was too cold.

Boquinha said...

I read this post days ago and kept it open so I could comment. I want to tell you how impressed I was with the post--the depth of it, the introspection, the openness. Very cool post. Oh, and super awesome P.S. We're so glad we're friends with you guys!